What technological skills are expected from the HR team of tomorrow?
The HR team of tomorrow, technologies like cloud, automation, self-service HR and mobile apps will become the basics and fully adopted across the board. We know this because these technologies are already vital today. The HR team of tomorrow simply won’t be able to function without them, just as many HR teams are struggling without them already.
Tips to bring your A game in tech skills needed for tomorrow’s HR
- A good place to start is to compare your tech skills in relation to the business. Do you understand as much as the wider organisation or are there specific knowledge gaps you need to address?
- Once you know what you need to improve in, you can take a long-term approach to acquiring the skills. Try to immerse yourself in the world of technology to gain a holistic understanding as you go along.
- Attend industry exhibitions for both the HR sector and your wider industry, these are great places to discover and learn how emerging tech can benefit your organisation.
- Keep an eye out for technology that can serve your organisation’s specific needs versus chasing down the hot new tech platform. Be intentional.
- Read thought leadership publications. Industry experts often give unbiased advice about products they have encountered and can be a key source for news within your sector.
- Take online courses. These help you to acquire the tech skills you require which can get handy even for developing skills such as coding.
- Attend webinars. Often hosted by technology experts, these will give you an overview of both current and emerging technologies and help you to make informed decisions.
- Apply for demos of new software. This is the best way to test and understand what your team’s limitations are when it comes to understanding and applying technology.
Senior Marketing Executive