With all the buzz on HR Tech, it is tempting to get on the bandwagon and invest in a fancy HR solution. But a fancy HR solution does not really mean it is an efficient one. Any business, big or small needs software that gives them the ROI (Return on Investment) that they deserve. No two HR departments are the same, so the expectations on HR automation are not going to be as well.
With all the stress that HR has, the last thing you want is to be stuck with an HR Solution that does not serve the purpose. So, here is a guide to help you make the right choice out of the array of HR tech out there.
- Functionality: The solution should have the necessary features and tools to support your HR processes and what is important for you. Whether it is recruiting onboarding, performance management, or even employee self-service.
- Scalability: The goal is to grow your business, and your HR solution needs to grow along too. There needs to be the capability to add more users and manage more data as your company expands locally, regionally, and globally.
- Integration: With multiple systems in place, your HR solution needs to have the ability to integrate with the rest of the systems in place for a smooth sailing operation.
- Data security: Data is the bread and butter of any organization, and the security of such data is crucial. The solution should have robust security features to protect sensitive employee data and compliant to international standards.
- User-friendliness: The purpose of investing in automation is to make your life easy. The last thing anyone wants is to get lost in technology. The solution should be easy to use for both HR staff and employees to minimize adoption and training costs, and not a burden to use.
- Support and maintenance: Requirements are bound to change with time. Make sure that you go ahead with a vendor that would provide ongoing support and maintenance for the solution to ensure it continues to meet your needs over time.
- Cost: Lets face it, you call it an investment cause its not exactly cheap. But that does not mean you don’t have good HR solutions that can fit your budget. Do your research on costings, features and payment options to get the best value for your money.
- Compliance: With all the international solution providers out there, ensure the solution is compliant with statutory laws and requirements, such as those related to equal opportunity and privacy.
- Reporting and analytics: Data-driven-decision-making needs to be supported for HR managers with the ability to generate reports and analyze data to gain insights into trends and identify areas for improvement.
- Employee engagement: This is the topic for 2023. The solution should have tools to support employee engagement and communication, such as employee portals and intranet functionality and mobile app capabilities.
- Training and development: The current generation of employees appreciates training & development to stay competitive with the global workforce. The HR solution should support employee training and development process such as tracking the requirement, the trainings received and the evaluation.
- Employee self-service: With remote and hybrid working taking centre stage, it is best to focus the user experience of the self-service portal that allows employees to access and update their personal information, request time off, and view their pay stubs.
- Mobile accessibility: The solution should be mobile-friendly to allow employees and managers to access it from anywhere and at any time, with features like check-in/out with geo-tagging, absence management, viewing of payslips etc.
- Customizability: The cookie-cutter solution does not fit all. Check if the solution can be customizable to meet the unique needs of your team and corporate culture.
- Vendor’s Reputation: A good reputation is important in any scenario. Do your research, check vendor ratings & badges on review sites, comments & testimonials received, awards and certification along with global partnerships. The vendor should have a good reputation for providing good customer service and support.